Current Research Experiments
Wireless and sensor networks,
low-power and embedded systems,
ubiquitous and mobile computing, biomedical signal processing,
telemedicine, parallel and distributed processing.
mHealth, ambulatory health monitoring &
Wearable Health Monitoring Systems
Wireless sensor networks, Wireless Intelligent Sensors
- Presentation at Design of Medical Devices (DMD) Conference, April 2009:
Wireless Body Area Networks Based Medical Devices: Issues and Applications.
- Presentation at 3rd IEEE-EMBS Internation Summer School
and Symposium on Medical Devices and Biosensors (ISSS-MDBS 2006), September 2006:
Wireless System Integration,
Issues and Applications, and Demo.
Data set collected during presentation,
with Matlab procedures for signal extraction and processing.
- Research seminar:
Wireless body area networks for ambulatory health monitoring (with prototype demonstration) by Chris Otto.
Presentation slides and
- An Implementation of the
WBAN Health Monitoring Protocol for ZigBee Compliant TinyOS Messaging.
Wireless Technology and System Integration in Body Area Networks for m-Health Application.
Presentation at RMIT (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology), Melbourne, Australia, September 2005.
- A wireless body area network of intelligent motion sensors for
computer assisted physical rehabilitation,
Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation, March 1, 2005, 2:6, 2005.
- Wireless Body Area Network
of Intelligent Sensors for physiological monitoring.
Poster and demonstration at
TinyOS Technology Exchange,
Berkeley, February 11, 2005.
- Digital guardian angel, article in The Huntsville Times (May 22, 2001),
part #2, and
Hierarchical Digital Signal Processing for E-med systems. (2001).
- Real Time Heart Monitoring Using Low Power DSP (DSPS'99 paper) or
Visualization of brain electrical activity
Physiological modeling, consciousness
- High performance network coordinator ZigBee Advanced Processing Platform
with Compact Flash interface
(with John Gober and Reggie McMurtrey).
- Wireless Intelligent Heart and Activity Monitor
based on Telos wireless platform, ZigBee Body Area Network,
and custom developed ECG_Telos daughter board (with Chris Otto and Aleksandar Milenkovic).
Intelligent daughter board developed with the CPE495 senior design team: John Gober, Reggie McMurtrey, Steven Linthicum. Fall 2004.
- Reconfigurable SpO2 sensor
and the low-power reconfigurable processing platform.
Developed with the senior design team #1 (Shane Basham, Drake Clark, and David Kelley) - Fall 2003.
- Extremely low power computing -
apple computers (2003).
- Wireless Breathing Sensor.
- Biomedical Wireless Intelligent SEnsor WISE early days (2000).
- Brainwave Entrainment and Beyond: Toward Holistic Approach,
Brainwave Entrainment to External Rhythmic Stimuli: Interdisciplinary Research and Clinical Perspective,
Stanford University, May 2006.
- Spectral Analysis of Heart Rate Variability during Very Slow Yogic Breathing,
from IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Conference, Shanghai, China (September 2005).
- Rehabilitation of hearing impaired using DSP based hearing aid ,
with Djordje Kostic, Ranko Vukovic, Veselin Vracar, and Srba Tomanic (1994).
- On the Methodology of EEG analysis During Altered States of Consciousness (1995).