Google Scholar profile
- C. Adans-Dester et al., "Can mHealth Technology Help Mitigate the Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic?" in IEEE Open Journal of Engineering in Medicine and Biology, doi: 10.1109/OJEMB.2020.3015141.
; open access on: IEEE Explore
- M. T. Shrove, E. Jovanov, "Software Defect Trend Forecasting in Open Source Projects using A Univariate ARIMA Model and FBProphet,"
International Journal of Software Engineering (IJSE), Vol. 8, May 2020.
- M. T. Shrove, E. Jovanov, "Early Outcome Prediction of Software Projects using Software Defects and Machine Learning,,"
Journal of Software Engineering Practice, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 1-12, May 2020.
- B. Lai, K. Bond, Y. Kim, B. Barstow, E. Jovanov, C. S. Bickel, "Exploring the uptake and implementation of tele-monitored home-exercise programs in adults with Parkinson's disease: a mixed-methods pilot study," Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, 2020, Jan-Feb, 26(1-2), pp. 53-63.
DOI: 10.1177/1357633X18794315 (open access),
- E. Jovanov, "Wearables Meet IoT: Synergistic Personal Area Networks (SPANs)," Sensors 2019, 19(19), 4295;
https://doi.org/10.3390/s19194295; open access: https://www.mdpi.com/1424-8220/19/19/4295
- B. Lai, K. Bond, Y. Kim, B. Barstow, E. Jovanov, C. S. Bickel, “Exploring the uptake and implementation of tele-monitored home-exercise programs in adults with Parkinson's disease: a mixed-methods pilot study,"
Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, 2018, DOI: 10.1177/1357633X18794315.
- E. Jovanov, B. M. S. B. Talukder, D. C. Schwebel, W. D. Evans, “Design and Feasibility of a Safe Pill Bottle,” Appl. Syst. Innov. 2018, 1(2), 13;
https://doi.org/10.3390/asi1020013, May 2018.
- P. Madhushri and E. Jovanov, “Long-Term Synchronization of Hybrid Sensors Networks,” Int. J. Embed. Real-Time Commun. Syst. IJERTCS, vol. 9, no. 2, 2018, pp. 32-46.
- David C. Schwebel, W. Douglas Evans, Stephen E. Hoeffler, Barbara L. Marlenga, Simone P. Nguyen, Emil Jovanov, David O. Meltzer, Beverley J. Sheares, “Unintentional Child Poisoning Risk: A Review of Causal Factors and Prevention Studies,” Children's Health Care, 46, pp. 109-130, 2017,
- Armen Dzhagaryan, Aleksandar Milenkovic, Emil Jovanov, Mladen Milosevic, "An Environment for automated measurement of energy consumed by mobile and embedded computing devices," Measurement, Vol. 94, December 2016, pp. 103-118, DOI: 10.1016/j.measurement.2016.07.073.
- Priyanka Madhushri, Armen Dzhagaryan, Emil Jovanov, Aleksandar Milenkovic, "An mHealth Tool Suite for Mobility Assessment," MDPI Information, Special Issue Smart Health, 2016, 7(3), 47, DOI: 10.3390/info7030047.
- Byron Lai, James Rimmer, Beth Barstow, Emil Jovanov, Scott Bickel, ""Teleexercise for Persons With Spinal Cord Injury: a Mixed-Methods Feasibility Case Series," JMIR Rehabilitation and Assistive Technologies, 3(2):e8, DOI:10.2196/rehab.5524
- David C. Schwebel, W. Douglas Evans, Stephen E. Hoeffler, Barbara L. Marlenga, Simone P. Nguyen, Emil Jovanov, David O. Meltzer, Beverley J. Sheares, "Unintentional Child Poisoning Risk: A Review of Causal Factors and Prevention Studies," Children's Health Care, DOI: 10.1080/02739615.2015.1124775, 2016.
- M. T. Shrove, E. Jovanov, "Attack of the Body Hackers," InfoSecurity Professional, November-December 2014, pp. 25-28.
- M. Deylami, E. Jovanov, "A novel method for mitigating the effects of dynamic coexistence on the operation of IEEE 802.15.4-based mobile WSNs," Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, DOI: 10.1002/wcm.2522.
- M. Deylami and E. Jovanov, "A Distributed Scheme to Manage the Dynamic Coexistence of IEEE 802.15.4-Based Health Monitoring WBANs," IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, Vol. 18, No. 1, January 2014, pp. 327-334. DOI: 10.1109/JBHI.2013.2278217.
- M. Milosevic, A. Milenkovic, E. Jovanov, "mHealth @ UAH: computing infrastructure for mobile health and wellness monitoring," XRDS: Crossroads, The ACM Magazine for Students, Vol. 20, Issue 2, Winter 2013, pp. 43-49. DOI: 10.1145/2539269.
- M. Milosevic, E. Jovanov, and K. Frith, "Research Methodology for Real-time Stress Assessment of Nurses," Computers Informatics Nursing, 31(12), pp. 615-621, 2013. PMID: 24113163.
- M. Minovic, D. Starcevic, E. Jovanov, "Guest Editorial," Special Issue on "Human Computer Interaction in Engineering Education," The International Journal of Engineering Education, Vol. 29, Number 3, 2013, pp. 566-567.
- N. Mijailovic, A. Peulic, N. Filipovic, E. Jovanov, "Implementation of Wireless Sensor System in Rehabilitation After Back Spine Surgery," Serbian Journal of Electrical Engineering, Vol. 9, No. 1, February 2012, pp. 63-70. DOI: 10.2298/SJEE1201063M.
- M. Milosevic, M. T. Shrove, E. Jovanov, "Applications of Smartphones for Ubiquitous Health Monitoring and Wellbeing Management," Journal of Information Technology and Application (JITA), Vol.1, No. 1, 2011, pp 7-15.
- E. Jovanov, A. Milenkovic, "Body Area Networks for Ubiquitous Healthcare Applications: Opportunities and Challenges," Journal of Medical Systems, Volume 35, Issue 5 (2011), pp. 1245-1254. DOI: 10.1007/s10916-011-9661-x.
- A. G. Volkov, K. Baker, J. C. Foster, J. Clemmons, E. Jovanov, V. S. Markin, "Circadian variations in biologically closed electrochemical circuits in Aloe vera and Mimosa pudica," Bioelectrochemistry, 81 (2011), pp. 39-45. doi:10.1016/j.bioelechem.2011.01.004.
- A. G. Volkov, J. C. Foster, E. Jovanov, V. S. Markin, "Anisotropy and nonlinear properties of electrochemical circuits in leaves of Aloe vera L.," Bioelectrochemistry, 81(2011), pp. 4-9, doi:10.1016/j.bioelechem.2010.11.001.
- E. Jovanov, C.Y. Poon, G.Z. Yang, Y.T. Zhang, "Guest Editorial Body Sensor Networks: From Theory to Emerging Applications," IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, Vol.13, Issue 6, November 2009, pp. 859 - 864.
- K. G. LeSueur, E. Jovanov, "Hardware in the Loop Testing of Wireless Sensor Networks," The ITEA Journal of Test and Evaluation, 30(3), September 2009, pp. 333-338.
- A.G. Volkov, T. Adesina, E. Jovanov, "Charge Induced Closing of Dionaea muscipula Ellis Trap," Bioelectrochemistry, 74, 2008, pp. 16-21.
- V. S. Markin, A. G. Volkov, E. Jovanov, "Active movements in plants, Mechanism of trap closure by Dionaea muscipula Ellis," Plant Signaling & Behavior, 3:10, 778-783, October 2008.
- A. G. Volkov, H. Carrell, T. Adesina, V. S. Markin, E. Jovanov, "Plant Electrical Memory," Plant Signaling & Behavior, 3:7, 490-492, July 2008.
- A.G. Volkov, T. Adesina, V.S. Markin, E. Jovanov, "Kinetics and mechanism of Dionaea muscipula Ellis trap closing ," Plant Physiology, Vol. 146, February 2008, pp. 694-702.
- A. G. Volkov, T. Adesina, E. Jovanov, "Closing of Venus Flytrap by Electrical Stimulation of Motor Cells," Plant Signaling & Behavior, Vol. 2, Issue 3, May/June 2007, pp. 139-144.
- I. Cosic, D. Cvetkovic, Q. Fang, E. Jovanov, H. Lazoura, "Human Electrophyiological Signal Responses to ELF Schumann Resonance and Artificial Electromagnetic Fields," FME Transaction, (2006) 34, pp. 93-103.
- A. Milenkovic, C. Otto, E. Jovanov, "Wireless Sensor Networks for Personal Health Monitoring: Issues and an Implementation," Computer Communications (Special issue: Wireless Sensor Networks: Performance, Reliability, Security, and Beyond), Vol. 29, No. 13 14, August 2006, pp. 2521-2533.
- A. Milenkovic, M. Milenkovic, E. Jovanov, "An Efficient Runtime Instruction Block Verification for Secure Embedded Systems," Journal on Embedded Computing, Vol. 2, No. 1, 2006, IOS Press, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, pp. 57-76.
- C. Otto, A. Milenkovic, C. Sanders, E. Jovanov, "System Architecture of a Wireless Body Area Sensor Network for Ubiquitous Health Monitoring," Journal of Mobile Multimedia, Vol. 1, No. 4, January 2006, pp. 307-326.
- M. Milenkovic, A. Milenkovic, E. Jovanov, "Using Instruction Block Signatures to Counter Code Injection Attacks," Computer Architecture News, Vol. 33, No. 1, March 2005, pp. 108-117.
- E. Jovanov, A. Milenkovic, C. Otto, P. de Groen, "A wireless body area network of intelligent motion sensors for computer assisted physical rehabilitation," Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation, March 1, 2005, 2:6, 2005,
- R.S.H. Istepanian, E. Jovanov, Y.T. Zhang, "Guest Editorial Introduction to the Special Section on M-Health: Beyond Seamless Mobility and Global Wireless Health-Care Connectivity," IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, Vol.8, Issue 4, Dec. 2004, pp. 405 - 414.
- D. Raskovic, T. Martin, E. Jovanov, "Medical Monitoring Applications for Wearable Computing," The Computer Journal, July 2004, Vol. 47, Issue 4, pp. 495-504.
- E. Jovanov, A. Lords, D. Raskovic, P. Cox, R. Adhami, F. Andrasik, "Stress Monitoring Using a Distributed Wireless Intelligent Sensor System," IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine, Vol. 22, No.3, May/June 2003, pp. 49-55.
- E. Jovanov, V. Milutinovic, A. Hurson, "Acceleration of Nonnumeric Operations Using Hardware Support for the Ordered Table Hashing Algorithms," IEEE Transactions on Computers, Vol. 51, No. 9, September 2002, pp. 1026-1040.
- L. Collier, E. Jovanov, "A Prototype Emotion-Sensing Human-Computer Interface Device for PDA's," International Journal of Psychophysiology, Vol. 45, No. 1-2, July 2002, pp. 91.
- E. Jovanov, D. Raskovic, J. Price, A. Moore, J. Chapman, A. Krishnamurthy, "Patient Monitoring Using Personal Area Networks of Wireless Intelligent Sensors," Biomedical Sciences Instrumentation, Vol. 37, pp. 373-378, 2001.
- E. Jovanov, D. Raskovic, R. Hormigo, "Thermistor-Based Breathing Sensor for Circadian Rhythm Evaluation," Biomedical Sciences Instrumentation, Vol. 37, pp. 493-497, 2001.
- D.Rakovic, Z.Jovanovic-Ignjatic, D.Radenovic, M.Tomasevic, E.Jovanov, V.Radivojevic, Z.Martinovic, P.Sukovic, M.Car, and L.Skaric, "An overview of microwave resonance therapy and EEG correlates of microwave resonance relaxation and other consciousness altering techniques," Electro and Magnetobiology, Vol. 19, No. 2., 2000, pp. 195-222.
- A. Samardzic, E. Jovanov, D. Starcevic, "Real-time visualization of brain electrical activity," Real Time Imaging, Vol. 6, No. 1, February 2000, pp. 69-76.
- D.Rakovic, M.Tomasevic, E.Jovanov, V.Radivojevic, P.Sukovic, Z.Martinovic, M.Car, D.Radenovic, Z.Jovanovic-Ignjatic, and L.Skaric, "Electroencephalographic (EEG) correlates of some activities which may alter consciousness: The transcendental meditation technique, musicogenic states, microwave resonance relaxation, healer/healee interaction, and alertness/drowsiness," Informatica, Vol. 23, No. 3, September 1999, pp. 399-412.
- E. Jovanov, K. Wagner, V. Radivojevic, D. Starcevic, M. Quinn, D. Karron, "Tactical Audio and Acoustic Rendering in Biomedical Applications," IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, Vol. 3, No. 2, June 1999, pp. 109-118.
- E. Jovanov, D. Starcevic, A. Samardzic, A. Marsh, Z. Obrenovic, "EEG analysis in a telemedical virtual world," Future Generation Computer Systems, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 255-263, March 1999.
- G.C. Ray, A.Y. Kaplan, E. Jovanov, "Homeostatic Change in the Genesis of ECG During Yogic Breathing," Journal of the Institution of Engineers (India), Vol. 79, No. 1, March 1999, pp. 28-33.
- E. Jovanov, D. Starcevic, V. Radivojevic, A. Samardzic, V. Simeunovic, "Perceptualization of biomedical data," IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine, Vol 18, No. 1, pp. 50 55, 1999.
- E. Jovanov, V. Vracar, A. Lazic, R. Dupalo, "A Prototype Glass Viscosity Measurement System," Glass Machinery Plants & Accessories, Issue 3, pp. 123-127, 1998.
- A. Samardzic, E. Jovanov, D. Starcevic, "A System for Visualization of Brain Electrical Activity", Info Science, 4/97, in Serbian, pp. 32-36, 1997.
- E. Jovanov, "Medical Multimedia Systems", Info Science, 1/97, in Serbian, pp. 27-32, 1997.
- D. Simic, D. Starcevic, E. Jovanov, "Guaranteed Single Disk Access for Very Large Database Files," Yugoslav Journal of Operations Research, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 65-78, 1997.
- A. Samardzic, E. Jovanov, D. Starcevic, "An Example of Topographic Mapping of EEG Activity", Info, 5/96, in Serbian, pp. 22-25, 1996.
- A. Samardzic, D. Starcevic, E. Jovanov, V. Majstorovic, M. Rakic, B. Buric; "Realistic head-model development", Info, 3/96, in Serbian, pp. 19-24, 1996.
- A. Samardzic, D. Starcevic, E. Jovanov, "Digital Video Compression", Info, 1/96, in Serbian, pp. 29-34, 1996.
- D. Starcevic, E. Jovanov, "Large File Operations Support Using Order Preserving Perfect Hashing Functions," Yugoslav Journal of Operations Research, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 1-18, 1993.
- E. Jovanov, T. Aleksic, Z. Stojkov, D. Starcevic, "A Sorting Processor for Microcomputers," Microprocessing and Microprogramming, Vol. 23, No 1-5, pp. 273-278, 1988.